BOOK REVIEW: Harry Potter and The Philosopher's Stone

Tuesday, March 07, 2017

BY FARHIRA FARUDIN


It's no secret that the Harry Potter series has been a worldwide phenomenon for over a decade now, and I am aware of this fact long time ago. What I wasn't aware of was the marvelous writing of J.K Rowling is the main reason to its massive popularity and I realised it's understandable that everyone, regardless of their age, is obsessed with the series.  

Harry Potter and The Philosopher's Stone, to say the least, is eminently entertaining. It takes you inside the magical world of Hogwarts, and for all you know you never wanted to left because J.K Rowling made it seem that being a wizard is far better than being a muggle, or a human. 
This is the first book of the series. Harry Potter, an orphan of Lily and James Potter had to live with his obnoxious uncle and aunt, and the highly irritating Dudley, his nephew. Harry Potter was neglected, he didn't have a proper childhood whilst staying with his uncle and aunt. He never imagined that one day he would receive an invitation to be in Hogwarts. As a matter of fact, he never knew that he was such a famous person in the world of wizards and witches.

This book is a fascinating wild ride. It takes you inside Hogwarts, and it's understandable why after I finished the book the imagery of how wonderful it is to be in Hogwarts is still stuck inside my mind. And this is only the first adventure I'd been with Harry and his loyal friends, Hermione Granger and Ron. I am excited to see what the rest of the series has to offer to me. Now I understand the hype. Now I understand why it's almost impossible to leave this magical series behind. 


You Might Also Like

1 comments