Day Out With The Family

Sunday, April 02, 2017

Yesterday my family and I went out for shopping and basically just have lunch together, like we usually would do. We often go to Quill City Mall, which is located 15 minutes away from our home. Quill City Mall is a decent mall for everyone, especially for family, to have their hang out cause it's cozy and the stores are great as well. But most of all, it's a nice place to have your meals with your family cause it has lots of restaurants that everyone has heard of or seen recommended on the internet.


We went to Secret Recipe. We've had our meals here many times before, albeit we knew the price are quite high but we still go here anyways for unknown reasons. Maybe because we really enjoy the Mac and Cheese with prawn. We often order the same thing every time we go here. 



We also ordered Chicken Cordon Blue, which is a chicken chop except when you slice the chicken into pieces, it's filled with melted cheese. It is served with fries and salad, which are a good combination to me. We also ordered Beef Lasagna. Frankly, I never liked SR's Lasagna perhaps because it looks oily to me and the propotion is kind of small. But I enjoyed the taste nonetheless.




After Quill City Mall, we drove all the way to Petaling Jaya to go to Amcorp Mall. For a record, I love Amcorp Mall and I despise how underrated it is. Maybe not many people acknowledge its existence because it doesn't have fancy, branded stores like KLCC or Sunway Pyramid. Most of the stores in Amcorp Mall sells vintage and rare things. There's a store here which sells second hand and new vinyls. There's also a flea market here too every Sunday. I realised in Amcorp Mall there are a few CD/DVD or music stores, which is a rarity nowadays because in other malls those stores are starting to close its business. 



But what I like the most about Amcorp Mall is a bookstore called Book Xcess. Book Xcess sells books at wholesale price, and many of the books are pretty new in the market too! I haven't been here in a long time and yesterday I finally did. I saw a Haruki Murakami book which costs only RM17.90, whilst other bookstores like MPH and Kinokuniya sells it for RM80! It's sad to me that not many people acknowledge the existence of this bookstore that's definitely worthwhile for book lovers to visit. If you enjoyed the annual Big Bad Wolf sale, then you'd definitely enjoy Book Xcess and you can visit it daily too. Both Amcorp Mall and Book Xcess are definitely hidden gems!




You Might Also Like

1 comments